Feb 20, 2024
For detailed information on university admission policies, please refer to Admission Policies information. In addition, the Department of Fine Arts requires the following for consideration for admittance into the program.
- Bachelor of fine arts degree or its equivalent
- Digital portfolio of past art work
- Interview with faculty
The faculty evaluate the portfolio and interview using a set rubric to determine acceptance. Questions regarding the process should be directed to the Department of Fine Arts.
A minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate-level work including:
- 24 credit hours of graduate-level studio work:
- Six credit hours of graduate-level drawing
- 12 credit hours of graduate-level studio courses in an area of concentration which must include six credit hours in the graduate seminar and critique
- Graduate electives to complete a minimum of 30 credit hours
- B or above in all coursework
Academic Policies and Regulations
For detailed information on academic policies and regulations, please refer to the Academic Policies and Regulations section in this catalog.
- Students will create art that demonstrates technical proficiency.
- Students will create art that shows development of a personal style, and be able to articulate how that style defines their conceptual goals in their work.
- Students will exhibit/present their artwork in ways that reflect best practices in exhibition.