Dec 03, 2023
Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
All requirements for an undergraduate degree are listed in the undergraduate academic policies and regulations section in this catalog. These requirements include general education requirements and a graduation requirement of at least one course in religion or theology.
General Education Requirements
The 42 credit hours of general education requirements are presented in the undergraduate General Education section in this catalog. A course that meets a general education requirement may also meet a course requirement for the major or a course requirement in another discipline.
Departmental Learning Outcomes:
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both orally (o) and in writing (w).
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the legal and ethical environment impacting business organizations and exhibit an understanding and appreciation of the ethical implications of decisions.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for the importance of the impact of globalization and diversity in modern organizations.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to engage in critical thinking by analyzing situations and constructing and selecting viable solutions to solve problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate and ability to work effectively with others.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of current information, theories and models, and techniques and practices in all of the major business disciplines including general areas of Accounting, Management, Marketing, Sports Management, and Quantitative Analysis.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to use critical thinking to solve complex organizational problems.
- Students will be able to assess the implications of legal, ethical, and social issues of individual and organizational business activities.
Courses Required in the Major
Courses Required in Other Disciplines
Concentrations for the Business Administration Major
The departmental course requirements for a concentration must be completed at Fontbonne University. If a student, prior to transferring, has already completed a course that is required in the concentration by Fontbonne, to earn the concentration the student must still complete a minimum of 18 credit hours of upper-division coursework in that concentration at Fontbonne. A maximum of two concentrations are allowed and a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 is required to declare a concentration. Concentrations for Business Administration major include Accounting , Finance , Management , Professional Sales and Social Entrepreneurship .
Accelerated Master’s Approved Courses for Business Programs
Any undergraduate student who meets the prerequisites in place for the graduate degrees outlined below, are qualified to apply for admission into the accelerated master’s programs. Students must submit the Accelerated Master’s Program Application.
Degree and Tuition Policies
Once admitted to a master’s program through the Accelerated Path, students may take up to a maximum of 9 credit hours of graduate coursework (as listed below the major requirements) and have those hours count toward both the bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Students will be charged at the undergraduate rate and retain eligibility for undergraduate scholarships. For each semester in which they take courses for both undergraduate and graduate credit, students must complete a “mixed credit” registration form that is approved by the graduate program director, department chair and college dean. Students taking courses for graduate credit must adhere to all relevant graduate policies.
Students admitted to an Accelerated Path Master’s Program must meet all graduate program admission requirements at the time they complete the baccalaureate degree and must meet all degree completion requirements of the graduate program.
Approved MBA Path
Three 3 courses (9 credit hours) from the following list can be counted for both undergraduate and graduate as part of the accelerated master’s program to the Business Administration, M.B.A.
Approved MBA in Applied Business Analytics Path
Three courses (9 credit hours) from the following list can be counted for both undergraduate and graduate as part of the accelerated master’s program to the Applied Business Analytics, M.B.A.
Approved Master of Management and Leadership Path
Three courses (9 credit hours) from the following list can be counted for both undergraduate and graduate as part of the accelerated master’s program to the Management & Leadership, M.M.L.
Approved MS in Supply Chain path
Three courses (9 credit hours) from the following list can be counted for both undergraduate and graduate as part of the accelerated master’s program to the Supply Chain Management, M.S.