Nov 20, 2019
Cybersecurity is a field with a continuously expanding need for advanced knowledge and expertise. A master of science in cybersecurity from Fontbonne University will provide you with the theoretical and practical tools to succeed and advance in the field of cybersecurity or related areas.
For the MS in Cybersecurity, these are the admission requirements.
For detailed information on university admission policies, please refer to Graduate Admission information.
- A current resume with three references OR three letters of recommendation, one of which is from a supervisor or recent academic advisor, are required. If this is not possible please contact the department chair.
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Applicants must have completed a baccalaureate degree before beginning the master’s program. IN addition, the following knowledge must be demonstrated prior to starting the MS degree.
- Coding experience equivalent to one full year of course work or job-related experience.
- Foundational knowledge of statistics.
- Knowledge of databases, networks and operating systems.
- Entrance examinations
- A minimum GRE score of 290 is required, with 150 quantitative and 140 verbal. The GRE test can be waived if any one of the following conditions is satisfied.
- BS from ABET accredited program
- BS a technology or engineering field with a GPA of 3.5/4.0
- MS in related field
- 2 years of field experience in IT related area
- Grade Point Average
- 3.0/4.0 full acceptance as long as other criteria are met
- 2.75/4.0 conditional acceptance. Must maintain 3.0 gpa for first 6 hours of course work, with no grade below B-.
- In 500 - 600 words, tell us your goals and reason(s) for pursuing graduate study in computer science.
- In addition, the following applies to international students.
- GPA 3.0/4.0 (There is no “conditional” admission for international students based on their academic GPA.)
- If a student submits foreign university transcripts that we cannot evaluate, then the student must submit a WES evaluation of his/her transcripts. (WES is World Education Services, a professional organization that will help with foreign transcript evaluation.)
- Language requirement: 70 internet-based TOEFL (IBT)/ 6.0 IELTS/ 280 Fontbonne University Compass exam.
- Copy of passport
- Completed international student application
The student must successfully complete 34 semester hours of graduate credit to earn an MS in Cybersecurity.
One of the following three courses may be substituted for one of the 3-credit courses listed above (except CIS 590 ).